HMAA’s health plan benefits related to COVID-19 are as follows:
- Medically necessary diagnostic testing approved under applicable law or developed, authorized, and deemed appropriate by HHS is covered based on regular plan benefits.
- Tests which are not FDA-approved, and at-home over-the-counter (OTC) COVID tests, are not covered.
- Medically necessary treatment and medication are covered based on regular plan benefits.
- Vaccines recommended by the USPSTF or CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices are covered at 100% when rendered by in-network participating providers.
- Beginning September 15, 2023, this includes the new 2023-2024 mRNA COVID-19 vaccine.
- If you have questions about the vaccine, please contact your primary care physician or refer to the Hawai`i State Department of Health (DOH) website for information.
- Other preventive treatment is covered in accordance with regular plan benefits.
HMAA members who are unable to visit their regular doctor or want to avoid being exposed to other individuals may use HMAA’s free telemedicine service, HiDoc, for access to a physician by phone or online. Learn More.
This notice was last updated on September 22, 2023.