HMAA offers the following health plan options to large businesses. The Hawaii Insurance Commissioner has confirmed the State of Hawaii definitions are as follows:
- Small Group: 1 to 50 full-time equivalent employees (FTEs)
- Large Group: 51 or more FTEs
Group size is determined as follows:
- Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), an FTE is an employee who worked at least 30 hours per week during the preceding calendar year, and part-time employees are included in the calculation. Example: 3 employees each working 20 hours per week = 2 FTEs.
- Companies with a common owner or are otherwise related are generally combined and treated as a single group, and employees are combined for purposes of determining group size.
Large businesses are not required to include Drug and Pediatric Benefits in their medical plans and are subject to different rating guidelines from Small businesses under the ACA’s Essential Health Benefits provisions; therefore, it is important to accurately determine your group size. Be sure to review our eligibility guidelines for additional information.
- Option Plus One (OP1) – HMAA’s most popular medical plan. This plan helps attract and retain employees with benefits including low out-of-pocket maximums, Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Naturopathic, Wellness and Preventive Care, and Employee Assistance Programs.
- Option Plus Two (OP2) – HMAA’s most comparable plan to Hawaii’s largest Preferred Provider Plan (PPP), with added benefits that include Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Naturopathic, Wellness and Preventive Care, and Employee Assistance Programs.
- Comprehensive Plus – A lower-cost alternative to OP1 and OP2, this plan offers fixed copayments for office visits and minimal copayments for preventive benefits. In addition, Comprehensive Plus includes Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Naturopathic, Wellness and Preventive Care, and Employee Assistance Programs.
You may also view the Summary of Benefits and Coverage for additional information on certain health benefits.
HMAA has a variety of quality dental plans to fit your employees’ needs. Our extensive dental network includes more than 600 dentists throughout Hawaii.
HMAA offers high-quality vision plans that combine competitive pricing and a wide network of vision service providers. We provide options for group health plan benefits as well as voluntary individual coverage.
HMAA offers high-quality prescription plans that combine competitive pricing and a wide network of pharmacies. HMAA’s prescription plans are structured to encourage generic drug utilization without sacrificing quality outcomes.
Life Insurance and AD&D
These supplemental benefits are available to your employees when purchased with one of our Medical Plans.
HMAA offers the Active&Fit® Program as an optional medical plan rider. The monthly premium rider is paid by the group for all medical plan members, with the monthly or annual membership fees paid by each member who elects to enroll. The minimum age requirement is 18, and the plan administrator decides whether to offer the benefit to covered employees only, or extend coverage to dependents aged 18 and older. Certain exclusions and requirements apply.
- The Active&Fit® Program Rider Information
- Multi-Fitness Center Membership Information
- Home Fitness Kit Information
Important: Members currently enrolled in the Active&Fit DirectTM program (not employer-sponsored) for $25 a month should cancel their Active&Fit DirectTM enrollment before enrolling in this Active&Fit® Program rider. Please log into the Active&Fit DirectTM website, or contact Active&Fit DirectTM Customer Service for assistance.