HMAA offers the Active&Fit® Program to groups as an optional medical plan rider. View the Active&Fit® Program Rider.
If you are a health plan administrator and would like to enroll your group or learn more, please contact your HMAA Account Manager. If you are an eligible member and ready to enroll in the program, view our step-by-step Active&Fit® User Guide.
By purchasing this benefit, employers provide their eligible members with:
- Fitness Center Membership access to thousands of participating fitness centers1 nationwide such as 24 Hour Fitness and YMCA at a low monthly cost2 of $10, or the option to select a single gym membership from the expanded fitness center network in Hawaii (e.g., UFC Gym and CrossFit) at a monthly cost2 of $59, $89, or $119. View participating fitness centers1.
- Home Fitness Kits (up to 2 per benefit year) at an annual cost2 of $10 in lieu of a fitness center membership.
Enrollees also enjoy quarterly online newsletters, fitness tools through the Active&Fit® website, and the Active&Fit Connected!TM tool3. The minimum age requirement is 18, and the plan administrator decides whether to offer the benefit to covered employees only, or extend coverage to dependents aged 18 and older. Certain exclusions and requirements apply.
Note that the Active&Fit® Program offers a more economic choice for members than Active&Fit Direct™. Members pay $10 per month for the employer-sponsored program vs. $25 per month (plus a $25 enrollment fee and taxes) for Active&Fit Direct™. In addition, the Active&Fit® Program offers more participating fitness centers1. If you are currently enrolled in Active&Fit Direct™ and now have the option to enroll in the Active&Fit® employer-sponsored program (please check with your health plan administrator), you may cancel your Active&Fit Direct™ membership by logging in to the Active&Fit Direct™ website or contacting Active&Fit Direct™ Customer Service at 1.844.646.2746 (TTY/TDD: 711), Monday through Friday, 5 am to 6 pm PST.
1 Participating fitness centers are subject to change at any time. You will need to confirm your selection in the provider directory of your Active&Fit account prior to enrolling and paying your fees. Non-standard services at the fitness center which require an added fee are not part of the Active&Fit® program.
2 The monthly or annual fee is paid by each member who elects to enroll, with the additional monthly premium paid by the group for all their medical plan members. Price points for the monthly fee vary by fitness center.
3Purchase of a wearable fitness device or app is not included in the Active&Fit® program and will not be reimbursed.
The program includes:
- Online directory, maps and locator for participating fitness centers (available on any device).
- A free guest pass to try out a fitness center before enrolling (where available).
- The option to switch fitness centers to make sure you find the right fit.
- Online fitness tracking through a wide variety of wearable fitness devices, apps, and exercise equipment.
Already have a fitness center membership? Certain participating fitness centers allow you to suspend your membership so you may join the Active&Fit Direct™ Program at no penalty. If in the future you decide to cancel, your original fitness center membership may be reinstated if it was suspended (not canceled). Please check with your fitness center prior to enrolling in Active&Fit Direct™.
*Non-standard services at the fitness center which require an added fee are not part of the Active&Fit Direct™ program. The YMCA in Hilo is the only YMCA location in Hawaii participating with Active&Fit Direct™ at this time. 24 Hour Fitness does not participate in the Active&Fit Direct™ program.
**Purchase of a wearable fitness device or app is not included in the Active&Fit Direct™ program and will not be reimbursed.
The Active&Fit and Active&Fit Direct programs are provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). Active&Fit Direct, Active&Fit Connected!, Active&Fit, and the Active&Fit Direct logos are trademarks of ASH and used with permission herein.