For more than 30 years, HMAA has been providing quality group health insurance backed by superior service to thousands of businesses of all sizes throughout Hawai`i. We understand the local business environment and are dedicated to serving our clients with personalized care. If you are interested in one of our PPO health plans or Association Health Plan offering, simply request a quote online or contact our Sales Department.
- Dedicated Service Team
- Savings on Insurance Coverage
- Custom Member Pricing
- Tailored Group Health Benefits
- Medical and Ancillary Plans
- Extensive Provider Network
Health plan options are determined based on your group size. Group size is determined as follows:
- The State of Hawaii defines a Small Business as a business with 1 to 50 full-time equivalent employees (FTEs)
- Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), an FTE is an employee who worked at least 30 hours per week during the preceding calendar year, and part-time employees are included in the calculation. Example: 3 employees each working 20 hours per week = 2 FTEs.
- Companies with a common owner or are otherwise related are generally combined and treated as a single group, and employees are combined for purposes of determining group size.
It is important to accurately determine your group size. Be sure to review our eligibility guidelines and Summary of Benefits and Coverage for additional information.