HMAA is one of Hawaii’s leading providers of group health insurance benefits and one of the most trusted local health insurance companies by small-, mid-, and large-sized employers. We offer much more than health plan benefits; our commitment to members includes:
- Personable and Professional Customer Service
- Flexibility in Plan Offerings and Administration
- Rich Coverage Options
- Extensive Local and Mainland Provider Networks
- Dedicated Health Management Team
- Value-Added Benefits and Services
- Free Suite of Customizable Wellness Programs
- Continual Outreach and Communication
…and much more!
Health plan options are determined based on your group size. Group size is determined as follows:
- The State of Hawaii defines a Small Business as Businesses with 1 to 50 full-time equivalent employees (FTEs).
- Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), an FTE is one who worked at least 30 hours per week during the preceding calendar year, and part-time employees are included in the calculation. Example: 3 employees each working 20 hours per week = 2 FTEs.
- Companies with a common owner or are otherwise related are generally combined and treated as a single group, and employees are combined for purposes of determining group size.